|MAP - IMAGES -|
Jaco de Visser
Built on the remnants of the De Wiers country house dating from 1654, little more than the cellars with their distinctive cross vaults, this all-new volume follows the contours of the old house exactly. In view of the limited loadbearing capacities of the cellars the new portion has a lighter structure to carry it. Sturdy timber columns and beams left exposed in the interior, look convincingly authentic. There is a restaurant in the basement, with offices on the next three levels and a loft-like residence on the top floor and in the spaces below the two saddle roofs. Between these roofs nestles an intimate patio giving onto the bedrooms. Facades and roof have a copper cladding interrupted by the occasional asymmetrically placed window.