H.G.J. SCHELLING, 1950-1954, Stationsplein/Amsterdamseweg, Arnhem
Station Area Arnhem
In the facades of this railway station the grid of concrete columns (5.5 x 5.5 metre) has an infill of square concrete-framed windows and brickwork. This severe square grid is toned down somewhat by curved awnings also of concrete on both entrance sides of the station. The roof is fitted with perspex roof lights. Sonsbeek station, reached from the main station by a pedestrian bridge from platform one, is hexagonal in plan. lts circular dome is built up of radially laid 'fusées céramiques'. The dome building has been moved in 2012 to the Presikhaaf Park and has a new life as a restaurant.