|MAP - IMAGES -|
Work on this housing estate on Goudesesingel 'for the better-off working class' was begun during the war. It is one of the few realized examples of architecture and planning as Witteveen envisaged it. The left-hand part, built between 1941 and 1943, was designed by Jan Wils. The other architects listed above designed the right-hand part, which was built between 1949 and 1951. The whole is an elongated block six storeys high atop a jutting level of shops bordering on the busy thoroughfare. Behind it are small blocks of housing units that step down from five to two storeys to either side of shared lawns. Prefabricated concrete elements of the balconies and access galleries give the units their distinctive look.