PETROL STATION NIJMEGEN
B.J. MEERMAN, J. VAN DER PIJLL, -1936, Muldersweg 16, Nijmegen
Johan van der Pijll
Realized for Texaco, this object is one of the few remaining petrol stations of the 1930s. It consists of a square works area, out of which projects a slender rounded canopy with a diameter of 17 m. The building was visible from a great distance through its white rendered facades and a 25 metre high light mast - a steel latticework clad on four sides in white clouded glass stained onto which was the name 'Auto Palace'. The station has been out of use since 1977 when the traffic was rerouted.