This school complex is an expressive composition of rectangular and semicircular building parts. Designed as a single entity, the site is surrounded by a brick wall. Broadly speaking, the plan is H-shaped with a school yard and a botanic garden in the two spaces. A forecourt leads to the main entrance which spans the corner and has a diagonal view of the botanic garden. Two monumental stairs flank the entrance hall. The exquisite stone entrance area is decorated with sculpture by John Rädecker. In 1958 the school was extended on both sides of the entrance with a third storey, keeping to the original style. In 1966 a more modern assembly hall was added at the rear.