M. VERMEER, D.A. VERMEER JR., -1913, Kievitslaan 25, Rotterdam
Johan Frederik Metzelaar
Melchior Vermeer Dzn.
D.A. Vermeer jr.
Hotels, cafés, restaurants
The buildings found in The Park date from different periods. The Orangery, Stable and Coach House were built in about 1870 by J.F. Metzelaar for the villa De Heuvel. Parkzicht was built in 1913 on the site of the so-called Officers' Society building dating from 1856. It has consistently had a catering connection since the 1930s, ranging from a tearoom to a Gabberhouse disco. In 1946 it was converted by the municipal architect L. Voskuyl which gained it its distinctive stylish decorations.