J.W.C. BOKS, 1946-1948, Diergaardesingel/Kruisplein 15, Rotterdam
Bouwcentrum / Bouwcentrum ( J.W.C. Boks )
© 2007 Rook & Nagelkerke
The original 16-sided exhibition building of the Bouwcentrum (Building Centre) is largely hidden from view by offices and exhibition areas added later. From the core, a mushroom floor on eight columns, three concrete bridges extend radially to the perimeter, which on the ground floor contains offices and on the upper floor enclosed exhibition areas off a projecting gallery. The core has a concrete dome roof with glass bricks laid in. Its original function having moved out, the building has partly been converted into offices and partly demolished and replaced by office building First Rotterdam; the old exhibition portion is restored.