|MAP - IMAGES -|
OFFICE BUILDING GEMEENTETRAM AMSTERDAM
P.L. MARNETTE (PUBLIEKE WERKEN), 1921-1923, Stadhouderskade 1, Amsterdam
Publieke Werken Amsterdam
Public Works Office
P. Kramer and P.L. Marnette, two architects of the Amsterdam School which came into vogue after World War l, made designs for Public Works, the agency responsible for buildings for municipal services, schools, bathhouses, bridges and street furniture. Marnette designed the finely detailed former Administration Building for the city's trams and also the former Traffic Agency building at Overtoom 37-41.