Marconistraat 2, Rotterdam
PUBLICATIONS:Bouw 1964 p. 155; Bouwkundig Weekblad 1965 p. 254; PT-B 1966 p. 89; Baumeister 1967 p.1243; Architectuur Rotterdam 1970-1995, 1995
This office tower built for the firm of Overbeek in the mid 1960s occupies the site of a former car factory. It consists of a concrete core with storeys hung from a kind of concrete parasol on the roof; it was in fact built from the top down. The gold-coloured Thermopane glazing earned it the nickname Goldfinger, until this was replaced by green glass during a renovation. In view of the success of this first office building on site, it was later joined by the three Europoint towers (D004).