In 1888 the architect Jacob Isaäc van Waning founded in Delfshaven a 'cement paste factory' whose speciality was manufactured products in concrete and cast stone. In 1898 it moved to Feijenoord. The facade of the office building with its ornamental sandstone lintels, mouldings, cornice and ornaments acted as an inventory of the products designed there. This office is the only survivor; everything else was demolished to make room for a local park. Van Waning had a hand in various pioneering projects in reinforced concrete including Silo St. Job and the De Maas flour mill.