Willem Marinus Dudok
Dolf van Gendt
Van den Oever, Zaaijer, Roodbeen & Partners
Office Building De Nederlanden van 1845 (Arnhem)
Large freely subdivisible halls, toplit and fully air-conditioned, flank both sides of the entrance to this office building. On the ground floor, the zone along the front facade is given over to conference rooms and the managerial suite. The concrete skeleton is visible in the facade as a framework with a brick and glass infill. Provision was made during construction for the later addition of a second floor, which duly arrived in 1954. The arrangement of windows on the ground floor bears no relationship to those above.