Jo van den Broek
This housing carves out a square clearing on one side of Schiekade, which still contained water at the time of construction. The complex took of the place of the Van Stolk firm of timber merchants which had moved to Abraham van Stolkweg in 1927. It combines a traditional street elevation with ways through with a 12-storey block of flats. Two upmarket apartments occupy each floor either side of a staircase and lift, the larger of the two facing the main street and the less-large the square. Originally there was a restaurant on the ground floor of this concrete-framed building. The block of flats has been renovated and now contains offices.